The Seeker Post #19
You know, I spent an hour writing this post, about an hour ago. Freedom or Happiness.
I noticed that the WordPress auto-save feature was auto-saving for about the last thirty minutes. Just constantly blinking. I had uploaded quotes on freedom, quotes that you will see here shortly, maybe Quotes that had meaning with the content I had written. Not freedom and happiness.
Content which seems irrelevant with the feelings of frustration I feel now based on words I had written which no longer are here on this page, in the order that I wanted them to be. My phone even just randomly restarted. Where’s the freedom and happiness?
So how can I write on happiness at this time? How can I write on freedom when I am bound by the necessity of the time crunch of getting the things done that I chose to do today in the timely order I had previously made? How can I write on happiness when it seems I should be upset? What is freedom and happiness?
It’s exactly that. Whether the universe was testing me, or possibly even saved me from a mediocre post, I will never know. So let’s try this.
Freedom and Happiness is not:
- how many likes we get on a social media post-it’s just cool to see that people think the things we think are cool, are indeed cool
- the person in our life-it’s just nice to know that someone sees the worth in us that we have a hard time seeing ourselves
- money, cars, clothes, jewelry, or anything material-it’s completely wrapped in the time and work we put in to allow us the freedom from the necessity of survival to purchase things that will rot and become obsolete
- friends-we are just looking for our tribe of people
- food or drinking-you cannot quench and inner hunger or thirst with physical goods or consumables, although a good experience is always desirable and can be obtained from more than just food and drink
Freedom and Happiness is:
- thinking and acting in our own uniqueness without any fears because of social constructs
- not having to wonder about anything related to survival; whether paying bills, going to a job because we have to, or the food we have to obtain
- being able to think creatively, because you have the energy to
- helping others, because we can
- letting our inner light shine-truly being unafraid of anything
- not what you think it is, it can only truly be felt in every moment in which you are truly free and happy
This post was originally about walking naked on a nudist beach, which, if you’ve never been naked in front of strangers, is still one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. In fact, a couple years ago I would have chosen to step in a cage over walking naked in front of a bunch of strangers.
My suggestion on achieving freedom and happiness? Anytime you have the thought to do something and you wonder what your parents, friends, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, or these “strangers” will think of you, you are not free. The more you allow the unfree thoughts to run free is the act of caging yourself in.
I found my truest freedom in walking naked on a beach. My deepest rooted fears were exorcised. I now know true happiness lies in being able to make every choice as freely as possible. Freedom and happiness is up to you to choose to have.